The Bottom Line
- Bitty Buttons Dolls have a compelling back story that explains each doll's look and personality.
- Dresses are detailed and well made.
- The dolls come with a little plastic pet.
- Dolls are made from hard plastic. Even the hair and hair bow are very hard.
- Their enormous heads make them top heavy.
- Bitty Buttons Dolls are based on rag dolls but they are made of hard plastic.
- Each doll has a cute back story that explains her personality.
- Dolls come with a pet and one outfit.
Guide Review - Bitty Buttons Dolls - Review of Bitty Buttons Dolls from MGA
The manufacturer describes The Bitty Buttons Dolls as 13-inch "rag dolls who magically came to life when their very last stitch was sewn."
The eight different dolls' personalities were determined by the fabric from which they were sewn. For example, "Crumbs Sugar Cookie" was sewn from a baking apron so she is very sweet.
I was surprised when I received the doll and found that she was made from heavy, hard plastic. They are jointed at the neck, shoulders and hips so they bend at the waist. The heads are enormous and make the dolls top heavy. The pink hair and hair bow are also molded from hard plastic.
Only their dresses are soft and pliable. They are cute and quite detailed. Crumbs Sugar Cookie's dress is made from three different fabric and several types of trim. They are removable and can be switched with other Bitty Buttons dolls' dresses.