The Bottom Line
- It's a blast to create new looks so easily!
- You can experiment with makeup, hairstyles and accessories
- Great for a sleepover or pajama party
- The camera could do with some major work
- Gets boring after a while
- The Stylin Studio hooks up to your computer
- You can share your pictures via email
- It's a hoot to create new looks for yourself, your family and friends
Guide Review - Girl Tech Stylin' Studio
The Girl Tech Stylin' Studio from Radica (a division of Mattel) is the perfect answer to all your makeover issues. Girls can now experiment with a lot of different styles including clothes, jewelry and accessories without doing anything too drastic in real life.
The little unit offers a digital camera that allows you to take pictures which can then be viewed on your computer monitor. After the image is loaded, the makeover magic can begin. I must mention at this point, however, that you shouldn't expect crystal clear images from the camera- they're more grainy than I would like them to be.
You can choose from the various options that you see on the monitor and begin your transformation process using the touchpad. You can select cool clothes, makeup, hair styles and accessories. Once you're satisfied with your new look, you can send the pictures via email or print them and share them with your friends and family.
The Girl Tech Stylin' Studio is recommended for ages 8 to 15. It makes a great gift for the holiday season.