The Bottom Line
- Self-contained unit has a stage, sets, actors, costumes and props.
- Many interchangeable pieces fit in the carrying case and kids can carry it by the handle.
- The possibilities are endless with this open-ended, creative, educational toy.
- Among the props is a plastic gun that I confiscated before my child saw it.
- I don't think a toy like this needs a battery-operated sound-effects machine. It's overkill.
- Theater toy is a stage with props, costumes and sets.
- It comes with four Playmobil people who become the actors.
- It has a sound-effects module that uses two AAA batteries.
- The whole theater closes up neatly into its carrying case for easy transportation.
- It has many small parts and is not recommended for children younger than age 4.
Guide Review - Playmobil My Takealong Puppet Theater Toy Empowers Creative Play
I love toys that foster children's creativity and the Playmobil Theater Playset is a great example of this. The stage is a carrying case with a handle on top. Interchangeable cardboard backgrounds and sets are easy to slip in and out. It comes with four Playmobil people and many props and costumes, from handcuffs and a sword to plants and a broom.
The Playmobil theater comes with a plastic gun (among the props) and I am not welcoming gun toys into my house just yet, so I confiscated that right out of the box. I also don't think the toy needs the sound-effects module. It plays laughter, applause and two little songs. I'd just be happier without any batteries at all.