The Bottom Line
- Kids love the look and feel of the interactive story DVD.
- Adds a layer of interactivity to classic coloring books.
- Easy for kids to understand.
- Great playdate toy because three kids can play together.
- More coloring pages are available for free download (and it's easy to get them!)
- For marketing purposes, the box is much bigger than the product inside.
- Comes with three identical coloring books, three boxes of Crayola Crayons and a DVD.
- DVD guides the children through the story as they color in the coloring books together.
- This would make a great playdate activity!
Guide Review - Crayola Crayons - Undersea Adventures Color Stories Toy Review
Screenlife, the creators of the Scene-It games, have brought the Crayola Crayons license to life with their new Crayola Crayons Undersea Adventures Color Stories. The box contains three identical, 24-page coloring books, three boxes of eight Crayola Crayons and an interactive DVD.The TV screen looks like the coloring pages until "coloring bubbles" show up. Then the DVD tells players which pictures to color. When my 4-year-old son was playing it, he shouted out the answers when the on-screen characters asked him, "What color did you use?" He played through the whole book without stopping so it kept him occupied for a long time.
There are also elements of educational toys here. The DVD specifies, "Color all of the triangular windows," and challenges kids to identify shapes and colors. I wouldn't say it's the ultimate educational toy, but kids may learn from the activities.
Disclosure: Review samples were provided by the manufacturer. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy.